Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Crazy Driver

Watch out for a crazy tow-head driver! No, not me, though Jason has taken to calling me the Pope of Driving lately. But that’s another story. No, little Natalie hit the road Sunday in Hornbacher’s and apparently I’ll never need to worry about her being a non-assertive driver.

I decided to take the little camper on a girls-only grocery trip while Daddy went to Menard’s. I loaded her up in one of those stylish little grocery carts with the little two-person car on the front. She helped me wash it out with sani-wipes, buckled up and hit the road. Looking straight ahead and whipping the steering wheel from left to right she bellowed “’Cuse me! ‘Cuse me!” to all in our way. One lady in the yogurt isle even moved out of the way upon hearing this, though she wasn’t even IN our way to begin with! My gosh, this child is bold!

But we had a blast for an hour, filling the cart, and her little car. She sorted sweet potatoes, canned pineapple, a box of couscous and a package of cheese on the seat next to her and on the floor of the car. When I paused too long too closely to shelves, she also pulled in a glass jar of grape jelly, two ingredient packets for salsa and an entire angel food cake. It’s a wonder we didn’t end up with a whole bag of miscellaneous items at home!

To see such a big smile on her face, exuding such confidence and pride in herself really did warm my heart. She’s changed so much these last two years and I’m completely in love with the little person she’s becoming. I look forward to many more special and unexpected moments like these. Even at Hornbacher’s in the yogurt isle!

No comments: